Friday, August 3, 2007

Why I Love My Dog

I was out jogging this morning with my dog, Rusty, in the desert behind our house.
All the sudden Rusty bolted and took off to my right.
I looked up and not more than a 100 yards away, were two scraggly coyotes.















Immediately Rusty took off after them. I kept running as I didn't want to go anywhere near them. I kept looking back to see what was happening.

Eventually Rusty chased them off a good distance and stopped and looked at me. I called to him but he wouldn't budge. He parked himself there right between the coyotes and me. He would look at them, then back to me and so on.
As soon as the coyotes were out of sight, he bolted back to my side and we were on our way.

What a brave dog he is. So what if he's afraid of water and Nathan's cap gun.
He's brave enough for me!!

3 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

ok were you worried about Rusty? Maybe that is why he was looking at you...wondering when the heck you were going to save HIM :)

Laurel said...

Rusty!!! What a hero!

Eldon said...

All that pooping and slobbering and smell just to scare away a couple of coyotes who wouldn't hurt a fly except for small dogs or cats?

Yeah just throwing rocks works for me.

Of course to know Rusty is to love Rusty. So I will just have to take your word for it.

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS