Sunday, August 26, 2007

Get out and walk!


We were headed to my parents house for dinner today, and we couldn't take the suburban because it was out of gas. So we crammed the kids into the back of the truck and off we went to grandmas house.

That was the longest 30 minute drive of my life. What did we feed these kids? They just wouldn't stop pestering each other. They giggled, poked, tickled, cried, made rude sounds, and more, the whole way there.

Finally Jeff and I had had it! We kicked them out of the car a few blocks before we got to grandmas and made them walk the rest of the way.

We thought it was a good idea until we turned the corner and someones irrigation was overflowing into the street. They had fun splashing their way to grandmas house.

Aren't we the meanest parents ever... hee hee hee!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Is there a parent out there who hasn't done this? On a road trip I pulled over and made Logan sit outside the car until she stopped throwing a fit. I couldn't stand to listen to it one more second! Small spaces and loud children do not go well together.

And of course I'm still coming to the gym. And admit it: You just like looking over and seeing me in much worse condition than you!

Madame Queen said...

Oh how I wish I could do that sometimes. Maybe when the kids are just a leetle bit older!

Madame Queen said...

Oh! I was just reading some of your other posts and saw your recommendation for Eclipse. Don't spoil it for me but is it good? Twilight is on my list of fave books, but I wasn't blown away by New Moon.

Britany said...

I love it! I can't wait until my kids are older and I can try it out. Love your blog! :)

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS