Monday, November 19, 2007

Here's my gingerbread house completed.

I used Golden Grahams for the shingles.

I made the cat out of gum paste and painted him with food coloring.


The shovels are made out of pretzels and licorice. The cobblestone is Necco wafers. The grass is coconut with green food coloring.
The storekeeper is outlined in chocolate and I used the flood technique to color him in. The bean and egg sign on the windows I made out of royal icing and let it dry, then stuck them up. The veggies were the most fun. I used colored fondant and for the stems, I used cilantro from my garden. The potatoes are gum paste rolled in cocoa powder.

The billboard on the side I used the flood technique again and piped the Lee sign in chocolate. I had a really hard time trying to pipe the rest of the words so I gave up and wrote it with an edible marker.

Now you all know, I have a problem.






13 comments:

Laurel said...

Unbelievable!!! I am coming by to see this work of art in person! And you know, I don't think creativity, in any form, is a problem. It's a gift!

Shari Goodman said...

Holy Crap! You are an amazing woman!

Britany said...

INCREDIBLE!!! You put any other gingerbread house to shame.

Eldon said...

Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Oh my goodness! That's the cutest gingerbread house I've ever seen. Good Job!

Brent and April said...

You are an artist Melissa! Love it!

Laurie said...

Whatever, I could totally do that in my sleep and one arm tied behind my back!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

good gosh!!! If you are bored, I have 2 little kids you can watch :)
No, really it looks sooooo dang cute! I love it! Great idea! (not one Im going to steal though!)
Can you keep it forever, or are you going to eat it?

The Lees said...

It's a masterpiece! Now how do you keep little snitchers from eating it?

Angie said...

Okay-This is amazing!!!I think you are my hero!!!

Summer said...

Okay seriously...1st thought - HOLY CRAP WOW!!! You are amazing. We do gingerbread houses with my family around this time of year - I will take a pictures so you can laugh your head off! Yours is so cool! Great ideas...talk about creative!!

AliceK[i]ND said...

I'm speechless! How do you find the time???

Megan said...

I'll take it!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS