Thursday, July 5, 2007

Bit of Heaven



I was in charge of dessert at the 4th of July BBQ.

I whipped up my mom's brownie recipe - which are really good!

(And I don't even like brownies.)

I had 5 people ask me for the recipe so I promised I would blog it!

Here you go!




Bit of Heaven
(Taste best if made 24 hours ahead)


  • 1 Pkg German chocolate cake mix


  • 1/2 cup butter


  • 1/3 cup canned milk (not sweetened condensed)


  • 1 egg

Beat these ingredients together and spread half of the mixture in a greased 9x13 pan. It will be very thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.


  • 1 Pkg. Kraft carmels (35)


  • 1/3 cup canned milk


  • 1 cup chocolate chips


  • 1 cup chopped nuts, pecans or walnuts (optional)

In a small pan, melt the carmel over med/low heat. Add 1/3 cup canned milk. Spread the carmel mixture over baked mix, then sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips & 1 cup chopped nuts over the carmel.


Dot the rest of the cake mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. (After 5 minutes, open oven & spread softened cake mix around to cover the top.)

2 comments:

Eldon said...

I don't remember Mom ever making brownies, but these sound good.

Melissa said...

They don't get better than these!
Trust me!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS