Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I am always on the lookout for recipes with made with whole grains, no sugar, and taste good!
Houston, we have lift off!!!
These are dang good, but there is a secret - you have to use raw honey for these to come out fantastic.  Plain old honey, works, but then these cookies are just okay.  I buy my raw honey at Sprouts, or at local farmers markets.  My husband ate so many of these and my son couldn't believe they were whole wheat!
I loved that they didn't have sugar.  Enjoy!
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
(Recipe from The Feel Good Cookbook)
Beat very well:
  • 2/3 cup butter (organic, pasture based is best)
  • 1/2 cup raw honey

Add:
  • 1 tsp molasses
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg

Add and gently mix in:
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Add then stir:
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Form into balls on cookies sheet and bake at 350* for 10-12 minutes.


2 comments:

Shari Goodman said...

Making them right now!

Cindy Thomas said...

OH no... now I need to try these. Thanks so much!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS