Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Creamy Potato Broccoli Chowder

This was another meat free dinner I served last night.  Pretty good.  My 13 year old (and very picky eater) ate 3 bowls.  My husband gave me permission to add it to the dinner rotation.  The best part - it's very inexpensive and simple to make!  I should have doubled this for my family of 5.
Creamy Potato Broccoli Chowder
(Recipe from My Feel Good Foods Cookbook)

8 peeled or unpeeled red potatoes (I peeled mine due to my picky eater.  Makes a creamier soup.  If it was just me, I would have left the peels on).
3 Stalks Celery, diced
1 onion, quartered
2 stalks broccoli, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon salt  (or more to your liking)
1/2 cup healthy mayo (I used Veganaise brand that I buy from sprouts.  I have never used regular mayo - not as good for you)


In a large pot, cover vegetables with water.  Boil uncovered until tender (about 20 minutes or so).  Transfer mixture into blender with a large measuring cup and puree all the ingredients.  ( I did mine in batches.)  Blend the Veganaise and salt in with the potato, broccoli puree.  Warm and serve.

1 comment:

The Lees said...

I'm having a hard time with putting mayo in soup...but you've never steered me wrong before. And if Allison likes it, it must be good!

 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS