- My mom dropped everything to run to Walmart for me and pick up some silver polish - came over to my house and polished my cake stand - just because I needed her to. Then she dropped off some school supplies my daughter forgot to take with her when she left for school that morning.
- My friend Penny drove all the way to Phoenix to pick me up some extra fondant because I didn't measure right and needed - okay - like 10 more pounds to cover the monster wedding cake I was working on. Seriously - all the way to Phoenix!!
- My husband has been so patient this week. The house is sticky. I have strep and a fever. Tonight I just developed a cold sore. I have two more cakes and a cookie bouquet due this week. He is a good man.
- My friend Jen directed the choir for me today because I still feel sick. (She is better at it than I am anyway). She didn't even bat an eye when I asked her, (I called her on the phone) she immediately answered "yes" and took over. What a nice friend.
- A very kind "mystery man" carried the 5 tier wedding cake down 2 sets of stairs because I had a temperature of 101, and thought I was going to drop it. (Imagine if he dropped it!)